Monday, February 5, 2007

Got mittens?

Today's Quote for a Fancy Word for Simple:

You learn at a very young age that, besides the obvious Christmas break, summer, chicken pox epidemic, and the time when you realize the smelly kid who picks his boogers and eats them is sick, Snow Days are the best damn thing to happen to your school year.
-Chad Stevenson

The weather here today is even colder than yesterday. Currently it's -7F without windchill factored in, and -26 with it. I suspect this has GOT to be setting some records. No "snow day" for me, here -- unless I get into the office & the heat is somehow non-functional, which I highly doubt. I'm actually not a huge fan of "snow days," even as a kid. I don't mind the cold, but I don't like heat -- and I was all-too-aware that an extra day would get tacked on in the sweltering heat of June, when we all desperately wanted to be done with school, to move on to summer's new activities! I still don't mind the cold as much as I do the blistering heat. I can always add more layers ... I can only take so many OFF. And that being said, it's time for me to prove it. I am thinking of leaving something the mailbox for our poor mailman...but I can't think of what it should be!

4 comments:

kaj said...

You know how I feel about cold, so I won't bore you.
I am glad that you are happy about cold. And if you don't like the heat, then it is a good thing you live up there. I hate the people that move down here and then all they do is complain about the heat and tell us how wonderful it is up north. I scratch my head wondering why it is they moved down here. I am certain it has something to do with wanting to get up early and drive somewhere, anywhere during rush hour. Or go out to eat early bird dinners....during rush hour.

Anonymous said...

I am SO with you. You can always gewt warmer. You can't get cooler when it's hot. I do thik we should ahve HEAT days - get the day off to stay in some cool when its 38 C or more!

Mel said...

I'd just as soon not have days off school, period! Get in, get it done, get out! LOL That's my theory on a whole lot of things.

But I'm with ya on putting more on versus not being able to take enough off....but gimme summer anyway? LOL

Stay warm!

Better to have snow than days and days in a row of subzero temps! (At least then you can make snowmens!)

Anonymous said...

i just googled myself(Chad Stevenson here by the way) and saw that you had me quoted on your blog...which is totally sweet. thanks, hope you enjoyed the article!