Saturday, February 3, 2007

No dark corners

Today's Quote from A Fancy Word for Simple:

The greatest gift you ever give is your honest self.

-Fred Rogers

I've always liked Mr. Rogers. He was just a really cool guy. I never thought he was geeky or nerdy. Well, that's not saying much, as I am, myself a geek and a nerd! *grin* I like this quote of his, because the gift works both ways -- not just a gift you give to others, but one you give to yourself. When you are honest with yourself, there is nothing to fear, no dark corners that get cobwebby and scary. If you live life like that, it is, indeed, a beautiful day in the neighborhood!

4 comments:

Paula J Atkinson said...

Fabulous quotes you have here. Very thought provoking & as I am still far too cold to do much, I sit & ponder them myself from the comfort of under the duvet!!!

I, Like The View said...

love it!

Mel said...

I never found Mr. Rogers geeky OR nerdy.......just a simple, honest fella from where I sat.

Indeed it IS a beautiful day in the neighbourhood!
Freaking COLD..LOL....but beautiful nonetheless!

BTW--I agree with Mr. Rogers...THE greatest gift you can give is your honest self.

Anonymous said...

i went to highschool with his son LOL - he was sort of like leif garrett to me - same hair.