Thursday, February 8, 2007

Fairy tales?

Today's Quote from A Fancy Word for Simple:
If you see me as just the prin- cess then you mis- under- stand who I am and what I have been through.
- Mariah Carey


I don't think I've ever been thought of as a "princess." At least not a traditional kind of princess. I am not big on frou-frou, glitter, pink, shoes, handbags, or make-up. I do like being pampered at a spa, but I don't think of that as a princess-like pasttime.

In terms of fairy tales, I generally like the role of the prince far more than the princess. I love the tale of Sleeping Beauty -- because I want to be the prince, hacking through briars, fighting dragons, an unstoppable force!

My top animated princesses are Belle (she's got a fighting spirit and a love of books) and Fiona (that sassy attitude, and an inner fire that just won't die). Not for me the milk-toast, namby-pamby, doe-eyed, wishy-washy, pale-complected princesses that most little girls aspire to be!

6 comments:

scrapperjen said...

I love that costume - it's fantastic! Great photos! Is this Bristol or elsewhere?

Guinevere said...

What a great photo - fantastic costume.

Georgia said...

You look gorgeous in that outfit. What a wonderful picture....I just love it!!!

Chiara said...

Belle happens to be my daughters favorite princess to because she likes books

Mel said...

What an awesome costume!

I'd be dethrone in short order if I was given princess status. ;-)

Eleni Gratsia said...

Wow, love your outfit ... can't see myself as a princess either!!! LOL