Friday, February 9, 2007

Cause for Celebration!

Today's Quote from A Fancy Word for Simple:

My weaknesses have always been food and men - in that order. -- Dolly Parton

Hm. Weaknesses? Like Georgia has already said, why can't these be celebrations, or enjoyments? I had to look "weakness" up on Dictionary.com, to really mull this over in my head. I would not describe myself as lacking strength or rife with flaws. Things that are self-indulgent? Well, that happens very rarely. (Although today I am seriously contemplating the purchase of a nice piece of jewelry -- the first I will have added to my own collection since ... uh ... Wales 2005!) As for object of special desire: chocolate, pizza, lilacs, long baths, snow, castles, swords -- I do have some things that I especially lust after. I don't know if I'd consider them to a sign of weakness, though, as all of the above are cause for celebration. Well, except for the pizza, which is the cause of my big butt. *snicker*

3 comments:

Mel said...

"an object of special desire; something very difficult to resist"

I touch things. *hanging head* Sad, but true.
Even when the sign says 'do not touch'....'specially if the sign says 'do not touch'.
I touch a LOT--trees, flowers, 'stuff' on the counter, things in stores.....

Now ask if I like BEING touched. LOL

Objects of special desires?
Bubbles and sidewalk chalk!
And popcorn.

:-D

Paula J Atkinson said...

Lilac, castles, long baths... yes I go with that too.
I also love warmth throws & baileys or coffe baileys with films to watch & a few chocolates to munch!!!

kaj said...

Certainly NOT hamsters!