Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Cats learn healthy respect for paper bags...

This is the scene of the crime. While I was downstairs, I heard a fierce rustling coming from the main level of our house. Serendipity had gotten caught in the handles of a large shopping bag & was racing around, trying to escape it. She managed to drag a wicker chair (lower left), knock over a chair (top center), and move the coffee table before I could get up there. In her struggling, she pulled the table covering off, knocking up against the underside of the table hard enough to knock the candle off our wooden trivet! She hissed and spat trying to free herself...if I hadn't been there to tear the paper away, she might have strangled herself! Comet was looking on impassively -- he'd done something similar a couple of years ago, but by getting it caught under his front legs, NOT around his neck. I am very very glad I was home. Sere raced off with one of the handles still around her neck, attached to only a scrap of paper. I think she's learned to respect paper bags now. At least for a while.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh the adventures your cats have! And yeah, good thing you were home. We let our kitty, Atticus, outside and about once a month he comes homes without his collar. We always get the breakaway collars (I've heard too many sad stories!) and it always makes me wonder what he gets himself into that he loses his collar so often. Kitty poker games, perhaps? :-)

Latharia said...

Our cats have breakaway collars, too, for the same reason! Now, I wonder if they play poker, too! LOL!

staceyfike said...

lol! you have to scrap this picture!