Monday, December 18, 2006

What's a scrapbooker to do with those scraps?

Remember those paper chains we made as kids, created out of red and green construction paper and lots of paste? Well, this is the same principle, except it's made of a huge assortment of leftover scrapbook paper! I had many "skinny" stripes, varying in length from 6" to 12", and in width from 1" to 2". I got out a small stapler and just started making loop after loop after loop. The thing is about 110 feet long, and I don't expect it to last, so I was very happy to be able to put it outside yesterday, shortly before our guests arrived. It's a mish-mash of color, simple & silly -- and I love it! I hope we don't get heavy rains, at least for a few days, so I can enjoy it. It's extra-pretty with the lights on ... but I haven't been able to capture that picture, yet.

5 comments:

Linda said...

this is hysterical!! ingenious!!

Anonymous said...

LOL, Susanne, that's awesome!!!

imanewbierunner said...

holy cow! that rocks!

Debra said...

lol, love it... have plenty of scraps here :)

Anonymous said...

oh yeah!!! love this! such a creative artist :)