Saturday, December 2, 2006

Latharia rushes in where adults fear to tread


The snow is unfit for snowmen. It is too soft and powdery. It is, however, at the peak of perfection for snow angels. Sadly, I am an adult. *serious voice* Snow angels are for children. Adults do not leap into snow banks and cover themselves in snow. *cough* Yeah . Right. *grin*
Like a child, I shriek with delight as I fall backwards into the snow with a soft *thud*. Looking up, I can see powerlines above me, sparkling in the sunlight, sheathed in a thin layer of ice. A brilliant blue sky spreads above me as I breathe in the chill air. It is the matter of a few moments, waving my arms and kicking my legs, and then comes the truly tricky part: getting up without disturbing the imprint in the snow. I carefully plant hands and feet inside the angelprint and stand erect. I take One Giant Step out, and voila! A snow angel! I dust myself off, stamp my feet, and cavort in joy!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am truly green with envy ... born and raised in Canada, I had my share of snow angels ... but I've lived in Greece for 20 years now, can count on both hands how many times I've seen snow ... but when I do I jump into it too!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

LOL :) That's awesome, Susanne!!! We knew you'd get to the snow angels eventually.

Diane said...

What this needs is for Ken to be out there with the camera WHILE you are lying in the snow making your angel...

Linda said...

I'm always one for making snow angels!