Friday, December 22, 2006

Please....don't hate me!

I have been organized for as long as I can remember, and I seem to get better at it all the time. It’s still 3 days until Christmas, and I have nothing left to do to prepare for the holiday. Today’s “to do” list is purely maintenance related stuff: do dishes, pay bills, clean litter box, things like that. I feel the tug to do something extra for the holidays, maybe make some stocking stuffers, but I am at a loss as to what to do. I am rarely frenzied, mind you, but usually I’m just slowly checking things off my list. It feels really weird to have nothing left to check off. I can’t speak about it, either, because I’m surrounded by people who are systematically going insane, tackling lists that are impossibly long. It just seems really weird to feel so relaxed this time of year.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't hate you, Susanne!!! I think that's awesome as now you can relax and enjoy yourself. I just have a couple things to wrap and a few stocking stuffers to put together and that's it for me.

Kim said...

love your page and great job for being on top of things so that you can enjoy the holidays!

Anonymous said...

LOL - I won't hate you - it is awesome! Wonderful page!!!

Georgia said...

No hate here...I, too, am an organized person. I appreciate that someone else is also. Plus your page is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Well more time to kick back and enjoy some carols, a fun movie or some scrapping!

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I'm emailing you but they keep bouncing back. Is there something wrong with your email?

Anonymous said...

Whoops that wasn't my blog address!!!

Dorothy said...

Love this page too! I like the title-I thought I was All Done too, but we had to make a made dash this am!

Anonymous said...

I finished tonight so I'll not hate you now. LOL Love this page Susanne!

Flapsi said...

I'm pretty much finished too, just to wrap pressies and I may make a few more things, but hey I've even had my Christmas dinner!! My boyfriend and I had it last night as I'm working on Christmas and he's going to his folks...

Anonymous said...

Good for you!!! Enjoy the time and do something fun for yourself.

Kel said...

I agree! Somewhere along the line the western world has decreed that Christmas=stress & frenzy. You are worth so much more to your friends and family calm and enjoying the season than if you were not home or not available to them because you were crisis-shopping your way around a mall or frantically ticking things off around the house.

Kel x

Anonymous said...

Proud to say I'm there with you...all caught up except...awfully behind with the Christmas Journal!! But your good inspiration to help me get a move on!

Chiara said...

wonderful entry and I could never hate you

crazierinreallife said...

i could never hate you sweetie and I love this page