edit 12/10/06 4:05 pm: This recipe has been requested, so I have included it below:
Raspberry (Or Apricot ... or Strawberry ...) Strippers
1/3 c sugar
5 T butter, softened
1 large egg white
1 c flour
1 T cornstarch
1/4 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
1/3 c raspberry preserves (also works with other kinds)
1/2 c confectioner's/powdered sugar
2 t fresh lemon juice
1/4 t vanilla or almond extract
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Beat sugar and butter until well blended
3. Add 1 1/2 t vanilla and egg white, beat well
4. In separate bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt. Stir with whisk.
5. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture, stirring until well blended. Dough will be stiff.
6. Turn dough out on floured surface. Divide in half. Roll each portion into a 12" long log. Place logs 3" apart on baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
7. Form a 1/2" deep indentation down the length of each log using index finger or end of wooden spoon
8. Spoon preserves into the center.
9. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
10. Remove logs to a cutting board.
11. Make frosting to drizzle on top. Combine confectioner's sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla/almond extract. Stir well with whisk.
12. Drizzle sugar mixture over warm logs. Immediately cut each log diagonally into 12 slices, but do NOT separate.
13. Cool 10 minutes, separate slices. Transfer slices to wire racks to cool completely.