Sunday, December 3, 2006

Icing on the cake



I'll tell you what's even better than a regular ol' snowfall ... A snowfall that's followed by a day of clear blue skies & brilliant sunshine. It just begs for me to go outside, so that's what I did.

I had a kind of mini-photo-safari, looking at things from different angles, catching the light, playing with different settings on my camera. It was a balmy 27 degrees Fahrenheit, so I didn't even need to be wearing my gloves or worry about the camera freezing up. [We did have my 35 mm freeze up a few years ago at Brookfield Zoo when it was -5 F! Literally!]

These are all shots I took within a few yards of the house. I got fun pictures of my windchimes covered in snow ... and all kinds of tracks: rabbit tracks, chipmunk tracks, people tracks, snowplow tracks. In the wake of almost 8 hours of bright sun, much of the snow is off the trees, but I have these pictures to remind me of how it looked earlier today.







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

fabulous pics!! Love that sunshine coming thru the snow covered pine...beautiful :) *as always*

ps...it's been fun reading your blog!

Anonymous said...

Wow love those snowy pics!

Linda said...

These photos are stunning and so fun!