Tuesday, December 12, 2006

The important things don't really change

Today's journaling prompt, about Christmases past and present (and about how things have changed over the years) got me rummaging around in an old box of cards. This poinsettia card is from the mid-1960's and is addressed to my father in a curlique script (I tucked the envelope behind the card, and used old-style photo corners so it can be lifted out). I made good use of one of the Making Memories definition stickers, purchased when I thought they were just the coolest ever. I now have several sheets that have been neglected, so I used some tea on it to age it a bit ... and voila! My reflections on how the important things for me really haven't changed at all.

Here's the journaling:

For me, the most important elements of Christmas haven’t changed a single bit. As a child, I remember being with loved ones, having a Christmas tree, waking early to see what Santa has brought, and playing Christmas music (on LPs). As an adult, my circle of family and friends has expanded…we are responsible for getting our own tree…Santa still makes a stop at our house every year…and now we listen to Christmas music, on CDs!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your page!! the card and sillouettes are so perfect. If you don't mind my asking where did you get the sillouette or who the made it. I remember seeing it at a shop or EXPO. Now I am kicking myself for picking one up. Really nice job. Michell michell_rene@yahoo.com

Debra said...

love this page, is that stamping down the bottom of the page ?

Chiara said...

just a stunning page. love it

Jenn said...

How cool is that old card?! Another beautiful page!

imanewbierunner said...

this is absolutely beautiful.

Stephanie said...

Love your page!

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

Your cat is so cute. Love this page.

staceyfike said...

i love the little row of people across the bottom!!