Saturday, January 27, 2007

Black Eyes or Conversations?

Today's Quote from A Fancy Word for Simple:

“Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.”

Miss Piggy


I do believe that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. We all see elements we find to be breathtaking, but which others cannot or will not see as "beautiful." I suppose I could be more like Miss Piggy and slug them in the eye so they will see things "my" way ... but honestly, I'd rather have them tell me what they see as beautiful and why. I know, I'm taking this rather silly quote a bit too seriously ... but it's how it strikes me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol I think Miss Piggy would have to to anger management classes in this day and age :-)

I do agree though that what one finds beautiful varies for another.

kaj said...

A hamster is NOT beautiful. Well, it might be a bit cute, but I would go so far as to say it is beautiful.