Monday, January 22, 2007

Heading towards amazement

Today's quote from A Fancy Word for Simple:

"My ambition is not to just be a good fighter, I want to be something special."
-- Sugar Ray Leonard

I like this concept: don't just aim for "good"....aim for "special!" There are days, granted, that I am just happy to do "enough", but in the grand scheme, I'd much rather look back on my life and say that I truly tried my best to do something close-to-wonderful, perhaps even sublime. I enjoy having aspirations, goals, and ambitions...they give my life a direction to head. And if I'm going to head somewhere, why not head someplace amazing?

2 comments:

kaj said...

I love to strive for excellence. Not perfection, but excellence. Works for me.

Eleni Gratsia said...

Yeah!!! Congratulations on winning the winter gear photo!!! :D

I guess you got lucky after visiting my blog huh??? :)))