Monday, January 1, 2007

Out with the old ... and in with the new!!

I received inspiration from a variety of sources: Shimelle's prompt, morganmom's challenge over at House of Paper, good thoughts from a Fancy Word for Simple, and my own purging of old stuff, over the past several days. So, gentle readers, YOU get to benefit from all of my hard work. I continue to go through my scrapbooking supplies, but have already come across a brand new rubberstamp alpha set from Rusty Pickle and two cards of fibers that I will not be using, so they need to find a new home. If you're interested in winning this little bundle (and possibly more as I keep going through things!), post a comment to this thread and mention the word "adopt" somewhere in your response, by the end of the day Tuesday the 2nd. Make sure I can contact you ... or come back on the 3rd to learn who won the random drawing. And how much more stuff I found to pass along. *smile*

10 comments:

Barb said...

I love how you "adopted" all the best pieces of inspiration from so many different sources to come up with the page. Fun stuff!

DrGeekswife said...

Awesome entry. I like the mirror image technique you used with the photograph. I should "adopt" that technique into some of my own layouts! Have a great new year! :-)

Anonymous said...

I really like this page, and I love the idea of the journal with your husband! What a neat tradition! I may have to "adopt" that one!!

I seem to have stalled with my journal, but I love seeing yours and everyone else's entries.

Lynne

Flapsi said...

Wow - blown away by this one - the techniques and the journalling - I may well adopt some of your sentiments (but wouldn't expect you to post overseas though!)
It's been great popping by your blog and seeing your entries.

Kathy said...

Cool photo and text. Like that a lot. Might have to adopt that as my own. Always looking for ways to wow my myspace kids.

Anonymous said...

totally love this!!! This is awesome!

Anonymous said...

I do so hope that you continue with your blog. It has the best title header of any I've viewed throughout this journal and is a pleasure to read!
I am trying desperately to think of a clever way of using the word adopt! Try:
"They all wanted to adopt me in some way and, for the price of thier care and influence, have me resemble them" Slyvia PLATH
Same thing with stamps and fibre I guess!
I look forward to joining you with the new top right hand corner project.
Happy New Year!
Karen
x

Guinevere said...

Fantastic techniques on this page - I have so enjoyed popping in to everyone's blogs whilst doing this class, as a very new blogger - I really need someone to adopt me to help me do some of the amazing stuff everyone has on their blogs!

Kathy M said...

AWESOME idea. I haven't even worked on this prompt yet, and you just blew me away. Great work.

Latharia said...

The winner is ...

.....Lynne!!! Please email me with your mailing address!