Thursday, January 11, 2007

Keep an eagle eye out

Thursday, January 11, 2007: from A Fancy Word for Simple

Thursday, January 11, 2007

You don’t have to be a “person of influence” to be influential. In fact, the most influential people in my life are probably not even aware of the things they’ve taught me.

-Scott Adams

Think about influence today. Who influences you? Is he or she aware of the impact they make on your life? Who do you influence? In what ways? Live deliberately today by being a positive influence to someone you encounter.

One of the things I dearly love about the career I've chosen is that I can be a catalyst for positive change. I am keenly aware of the effect I have on people & try very hard to have a positive effect on the people with whom I interact. There are so many accidental, negative influences on us, I feel compelled to try and counterbalance it with some purposeful, positive influence. I can be influenced by my friends and family, but more often, it's my own mood that influences me for good or ill...so I try to keep an eagle out for any negative vibes on the horizon, in order to head them off! That being said, I've got to get going, out into the world, and will carry this thought with me through the day!

5 comments:

Dianne said...

That sounds wonderful. I, too, am a positive person. My glass is always half full.
Thanks for your wonderful comments on my blog. Slide.com is what I used for my slide show. It is very user friendly. I found it on someone else's blog. Have fun.

Joyfully,
Dianne

Georgia said...

Great entry. Glad to see that there are people out there being positive for others and passing it around.

Sherry said...

Yep, we did choose the same word, and I couldn't have found a better "joy" sista! Love your post today.
sherry
http://sherrygrove.typepad.com

Eleni Gratsia said...

Ah, the more I read, the more in common we have ... aren't these quotes fabulous???

crazierinreallife said...

you are one of the women in my life who is a huge influnce in my life. love ya kiddo