Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Me, on Winter

A Fancy Word for Simple's challenge for Tuesday was to take a picture of ourselves in our winter gear and do a little bit of writing about how we feel about winter. Well, anyone who knows me will tell you I love winter, especially the snow. We had about a half an inch of snowfall on Monday, and although I saw the post too late on Tuesday to get a photo, I was able to run outside today and snap one of myself. Conveniently, snow is falling lightly, so you can see it on my collar - snow, the perfect accessory. *grin* This is my winter attire for days when it is hard-core winter. Winter with an attitude, below zero Fahrenheit, taking no prisoners, you're gonna want cocoa when this is all over --- that kind of winter. I wear mitten-gloves. They look like mittens, but have a zipper I can open up to reveal fleece gloves -- perfect for staying warm, but being able to manipulate small things. I got the gloves in 2001 in Colorado. The coat, I got in the fall of 2000, while shopping with a friend from out of town. The scarf I recall getting for myself, a splurge, but I cannot recall where or when. And that fancy fur hat (yes it is real fur) is from my parents, who got it from friends of theirs in Russia, who gifted it to them during a stay. I am against fur being worn on people, not animals, but (a) the hat's been around for a while. I'd never spend money on something like that. and (b) this hat is WARM. I give thanks to those little animals every time I put it on. I could probably wear it at 75 degrees below zero and have no problem keeping my head warm. I might need 3 more scarves and worry about my toes being frostbitten, but my head would be warm. And that's all I have to say on the subject. I hope the unmitigated glee in my eyes tells you how I feel about winter. *grin*

8 comments:

Georgia said...

Love the winter gear. I'm hoping for some snow in the next couple of days so I can get a good pic!

angieoh! said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love that photo- you should scrap it for sure. THis is so cute and I agree. WINTER ROCKS!

Barb said...

Love, love, love the picture.

You should zoom in on a little part of it for the cover of your Confessions album. You're doing Shimelle's challenge, right?

Chiara said...

okay this is just so so awesome

Unknown said...

well aren't you adorable!?!? send some snow my way, please???

Debra said...

love the winter outfit.. I would give anything for some below freezing right about now :)

Steph said...

I wish I loved winter that much!!

That is a fantastic picture!

Eleni Gratsia said...

Lovely photo ... agree with Barb, zoom in on the eyes, would make a great confessions cover!!! :D