Saturday, January 6, 2007

Stirring up the Brain

Saturday, January 6, 2007: From a Fancy Word for Simple

Day 7: Making a Decision?

For me, making decisions in general, are hard. I tend to overthink or in the alternative, plunge right in - never a happy medium. I guess that is why today's quote hit home.

"In any moment of making a decision the best thing you can do is do the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing."
-- Theodore Roosevelt

How is it going? Are you finding it difficult to keep up? It is hard!!! to do this every day! I am really trying to keep up in my own journal but have had a few delays too. Don't give up - keep with it and do your best.

One more thing - keep your eyes peeled for a fun new feature to be revealed on Tuesday. In yesterday's quote, Barb asked you to take notice of things around you. Well, on Tuesday this might come in handy and should be a fun activity for everyone to take part in. We understand that for some of these topics, sharing the journaling is just too personal, too private. Well, not everything that goes into a journal is this way so get your self ready for some fun!!

I am enjoying the process of stirring my brain up a bit with these fun quotes. *smile* It is always helpful to look at life from an oblique angle, tune into the bits you might be missing otherwise. I am also thoroughly enjoying reading other people's responses to the quotes. As far as decisions go, I am a fairly strong P on the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, which means I really prefer to gather data, lots of it, before I make a rock-solid decision. It's helped me, over the years, to see decisions as fluid and changeable, and that allows me to decide without having ALL the facts, just most of them.

The attention-to-detail thing yesterday was interesting. I noticed that most of the details I noticed were of things to be done: scrubbing the shower door, wiping up a mess the cats made near their food, going through a stack of papers. I chalk this up to the light being so incredibly poor - it was a real struggle to notice beauty!

1 comment:

Georgia said...

It was nice to see someone else who is able to make decisions. Reading some of the responses, I knew I couldn't be the only one who didn't have a problem with this. I know we are all different and I actually like that about people, but it's also nice to see similarities in others.