Monday, January 8, 2007

Creative endeavors

Monday, January 8, 2007: from A Fancy Word for Simple

Day 8: Source of our Creative Spark?

And so our mothers and grandmothers have, more often than not anonymously, handed on the creative spark, the seed of the flower they themselves never hoped to see -- or like a sealed letter they could not plainly read.
-- Alice Walker

I would have to say that my mother and grandmothers handed down the creative spark, in ways that are easily identifiable. All of them encouraged me to play the piano, draw pictures, do crafts, make jewelry, bake cakes, all kinds of wonderfully creative and imaginative endeavors. My grandmothers never got to see my scrapbooks, but they would've loved to see them!

3 comments:

Barb said...

I think my granny would love to see mine, too. She was a quilter and had the same love for color and pattern that I do.

Chiara said...

I know my grandma would of loved mine and she was super creative.

Rebecca said...

That is great that you have that creative flow going through your family. My grandma would've loved to see mine too.