Friday, January 5, 2007

Word of the Year, 2007: JOY

Ali Edwards has a little newsletter thing going on, to which I've subscribed. In her latest issue, she encourages her readers to come up with a word to focus on and to return to, throughout the year. After letting it percolate, I've decided on "joy". Short, simple, sweet, but oh-so sublime. From Dictionary.com:

joy [joi] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –noun
1.the emotion of great delight or happiness caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying; keen pleasure; elation.
2.a source or cause of keen pleasure or delight; something or someone greatly valued or appreciated.
3.the expression or display of glad feeling; festive gaiety.
4.a state of happiness or felicity.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I also subscribe to AEZine and when I thought of my word for the year I also chose JOY! I like how you included the definition ... great idea! My blog site is named, "Joy on the Journey."
I'll stop by now and then to see how you are including joy in your layouts.
Have a great new year,
Karen (colinsgrandma)

Guinevere said...

Oh what a lovely word to choose! I'll keep dropping in to see how you are getting along.Glad you could follw the instructions for the Psychic Games.