Wednesday, January 31, 2007

confession #5: my stuffed animals are in hiding

Well, not ALL of them are. But the top shelf in the guest room closet is swarming with the remainder of my stuffed animals. Each one has a story, a sentimental reason I've kept him or her. They all have names and histories. I can't just throw them out. Or let someone else adopt them. So, they hide in the closet, staring down at me reproachfully because I have no room for them to live anywhere else in the house. People who know me would probably find this somewhat comical or downright hypocritical. I am a massive de-clutter-er. But now when it comes to these babies. They're not going anywhere. I'd miss them horribly. Okay, there's ONE in there that is not really mine, and someday he may want it back, so I'm saving it just in case. We got 2 cats, at the same time -- a panther and a leopard. I can't even remember which one is his and which one is mine. I'm keeping them both safe for now. And I'm not going to tell you who "he" is, 'cause he'd probably be terribly embarrassed. Not that he reads my blog. Or that practically anyone who reads my blog knows him. Still. It's the principle of the thing. Stuffed animals are good at keeping secrets. So am I.

5 comments:

Paula J Atkinson said...

I am always de cluttering but I too struggle to throw out anything remotely sentimental even down to till receipts froma lovely restaurant!!! You keep your closet full of toys, they aren't in the way!!! Lvoe to keep seeing these confessions. I now have 4 more I forgot about so will have to do a sequel later!!!

Anonymous said...

Too funny! I, too, have a collection that I just can't seem to part with. They are above the cupboards in the office (even my Snoopy dog from when I was three is there -- pink thread, slightly torn ears, and all)! Cheers to another stuffed friends keeper!

Flapsi said...

I bet they have massive parties in there when you're not looking! It's funny though stuffed animals do have the ability to stare very reproachfully at you....

kaj said...

I was shocked to see that photo of stuffed friends! I actually did think to myself......hmmmm, Susanne? Doesn't she hate clutter? Good to see you have found a home for them and they bring you JOY when you see them staring down at you.

Pearl said...

Hello Latharia

Love your take on Shimelle's class ! Great pics & embellies ...