Monday, January 15, 2007

Investing in what's meaningful

Today's Quote from A Fancy Word for Simple:


Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.

-Martin Luther King, Jr.


I am a caretaker for the things that matter -- sometimes silence is the best strategy, in my opinion. I refuse to waste my energy banging my head against a wall, trying to convince someone who is entrenched in a different belief. I will, however, speak up if I feel someone is running roughshod over the things I care about. I am also not shy about encouraging people to research a cause I feel is worthy. I also, however, feel it is vitally important for people to come to their own conclusions about what they wish to support. There are so many belief systems in the world ... and so many people in need of assistance, we'll never have a surplus of resources, so I can only hope that people will invest in the ones the find most important and meaningful.

No comments: