Sunday, January 28, 2007

confession #2: I sort my books by genre...

...and then I alphabetize them by author. I'm not kidding. We have a sci-fi/fantasy/mystery section on one set of shelves ... historical books on another ... classics take up two shelves next to my scrapbooks ... childrens' books are in the guest room, as are some science & philosophy books. The reality is that we don't have enough space for all of our books, and it is about time to go through them again and be certain which ones we want to keep. I'd like to have a "library" in my home. You know the scene in Beauty and the Beast where Belle finds the library, with floor-to-ceiling shelving? I want that.

8 comments:

Flapsi said...

So do I!!

Eleni Gratsia said...

Oh ww!!!! Really??? LOL ... I just keep them in PILES!!! Ha, ha! Have loved reading your blog today ... feeling too so-so to comment on every entry ... but you did manage to take my mind off my tummy ... have a great week!

*Paula* said...

OOoh! A library in my own home. That would be a dream. I aspire to categorize my books some day - right now they are mostly in piles or boxes.

Guinevere said...

Oh I too want a library - have so enjoyed your entries today, Susanne
Jennie xx

Kim said...

I wish I was that organized! Love your take on the project - TFS.

Debra said...

I hear what you are saying but I would like a whole shelf of Booker prize book's I can dream can't I

crazierinreallife said...

susanne- that is so different from how I organize my books.... oh yeah I don't organize them. ROLF. Maybe when you're here in a month you can help with my organizational skills (or lack thereof)

Paula J Atkinson said...

I want that library too!!!
Fab confession & I have to confess mine aren't organised like this but certainly they have to be related subjects. If someone moves a cstle book & puts it with a computer book, say, I get anxious!!!