Saturday, January 27, 2007

Day o' Fun!

Ken got inspired, and so we spent the day together, having lots of adven- tures. Here's what we did!

First, we went out for a leisurely brunch at our local diner, Omega, for a fortifying meal.

Then, we ran back home so I could grab some stuff, including the camera, and we headed out for the outlet mall, which is about a 25 minute drive from our house.

We looked at the "map" upon arrival & headed over to Reebok to get Ken some new shoes, and we picked up a nice big whisk from Farberware. Then, I insisted on going into the Lindt store, just to see (and smell) all the pretty chocolates.

The nice ladies gave us each a sample truffle (white chocolate for me, dark chocolate for Ken), and I found a bunch of bins at the back with different flavors, so I got one hazelnut (for me) and one extra-dark chocolate (for Ken). Ken, however, went right for the big guns and found a 2.3 pound bag of truffles for a mere $9.67. I think it may last us for a while.

At least I hope it will last us for a while. One of the Lindt Ladies informed me [by the way, Ken just dove in to the bag for the first truffle...and said "these were a mistake to get." I asked "Why?" and all he does is whimper and moan. Is this bad?] that if you put them in a bowl in plain sight, they will disappear. Maybe she's right.

After that, we went to the Morton Arboretum, and enjoyed a very quiet respite in the chilly, bare places of the natural world. After I shot some video of a babbling stream, and I turned around, Ken whispered very intently. "Honey! Stay there! Something's coming up the river towards you." I froze and wondered what it might be ... and sure enough, there he was. It was hard to capture him on film. Can you see him okay?

Thor- oughly chilled, we warmed up in the car & headed out to do a bit more shopping, as Ken needed to replace a polo shirt. There were so many tropical prints, I wondered if this is the new rage, if people are just hoping for a warming trend, or the people who shop at Casual Male often make trips down to the tropics during January. I still don't know the answer.

We rounded out the day with a trip for a late lunch to a place where I enjoy a fabulous Monte Cristo sandwich with extra raspberry jam. YUM! I brought half of it home. Our fridge is now liberally stocked with leftovers, so it is likely that tomorrow, we'll just huddle up and stay home!

Next on our agenda is a few hours of World of Warcraft with our blood elves and dranei. If this makes no sense to you, don't worry ... few people "get" it, either. *smile*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a great adventure you had and I saw something swimming in the water. An otter or seal of some sort? Oh choco heaven.....

Georgia said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day of just wandering around. And your sandwich is my husband's favorite at Bennigan's. He never orders anything else. Okay, now, I feel like a goof, but what kind of animal or fowl is that in the picture? I can't make it out.

Guinevere said...

Seems like you had a great day out, and yes I can see something in the water - an otter maybe? Do let us know.
Jennie xx