Friday, January 19, 2007

What's "to do" today? Too much? Not me! *big grin*

Today's Quote from A Fancy Word for Simple:

"There is no pleasure in having nothing to do; the fun is having lots to do and not doing it."

-Andrew Jackson

Interestingly, for the first time in a long time, my "to do" list isn't covering pages and pages, and I am just basking in those empty lines with nothing written on them. I would concur that there is no pleasure in having nothing to do ... and that it is enjoyable to be able to put aside tasks in favor of luxuriating in the day. But I will also admit that I do take a lot of pleasure in accomplishing things, especially things that enrich my life or the lives of those I care about. So, I will enjoy my "to do" list being short ... and I will enjoy the days when it is long and I turn a blind eye! *smile*

1 comment:

Eleni Gratsia said...

LOL!!! Enjoy your short to do list!!! :D Look forward to seeing more of your creations!!!