Wednesday, January 31, 2007

If I have nothing good to say ... I'll say something neutral.

Today's Quote from A Fancy Word for Simple:

"I am very little inclined on any occasion to say anything unless I hope to produce some good by it."

-Abraham Lincoln

I have to say that I AM inclined on any occasion to say a LOT ... uh, hellO...that's why I came up with the title for my blog! I do, however, tune in to hurtful and mean things, not just that come out of my mouth but that enter my brain! Who am I to criticize someone? I may have a different way of doing things or I may not like what they're doing, and it may make me frustrated, but that just tells me where my expectations are. People are allowed to do things the way they want -- hurtful and nasty comments do nothing except cause pain. So, perhaps by process of elimination, I try to make my words a force for good, or at minimum, neutrality. *grin*

No comments: