Sunday, January 14, 2007

What does the trick for me?

Today's quote from A Fancy Word for Simple:

There is no need to go to India or anywhere else to find peace. You will find that deep place of silence right in your room, your garden, or even your bathtub.--Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

I am continually reinventing new ways to center, to ground, and to relax. I practice tai chi & yoga, and those both help, but sometimes it's just a matter of looking inward and asking myself in that very moment, what will bring me the most peace. Sometimes it's cleaning the kitchen counter of dishes ... other times, it's reading a book ... but usually, it's just the act of looking inward, demonstrating that I am worthy of living in a peaceful moment that does the trick!

1 comment:

Georgia said...

You sound so at peace. That's nice. Keep relaxing, girl!